Monday, October 5, 2009

Color My Bath

Bunny likes colored water for his bath. Well, who wouldn't? On a whim, and because I know I would have loved this if they'd made such a thing back in the Jurassic when I was a child, we tried these:












The only negative was that I had to order them. No local stores carried it (or so I thought; I have since discovered that the brilliant people at Target do in fact carry these, along with more fun bath stuff. Big smoochies to whomever orders bath stuff for kids at Target!). If you are so unfortunate as to not have right-thinking Target orderers (I'm sure that's what they're called) taking care of you, order directly from Crayola. It was cheaper than ordering from a vendor on Amazon (Amazon doesn't sell it directly.).

Then, the other day we were at Walmart and they had these (ours does not carry the Crayola ones, BOO), so I thought, Why not? :












We figured if Sesame Street put their name on it, it couldn't be that bad, right? *annoying buzzer sound*

As Alanis so cleverly sang, you live, you learn.

We got the larger size, and am I glad we did, because it takes two or three tablets to get any real color, even though the tablets are larger than the Crayola ones. I also didn't like that the Sesame Street ones had a funky powder that made me cough and when I picked up a tablet to make it dissolve faster (if you have a toddler, you know why I did this), it stained my fingers. It came off later, but still. Crayola's don't stain.

Anyway, my verdict: Crayola - YAY, Sesame Street - meh.

No comments: